Interview with Christophe Berg
- PostgreSQL Native Packaging
- Thursday, 11:50
- Berlin 1
- Could you briefly introduce yourself?
I’m Christoph Berg, 45 years old, living in Krefeld at the western end of Germany.
- How do you engage with the PostgreSQL Community?
Together with colleagues, I am running the repository for PostgreSQL packages on Debian and Ubuntu, apt.postgresql.org. I’m also the primary maintainer of PostgreSQL in Debian. I also author patches, but that’s mostly smaller contributions.
- Have you enjoyed previous PostgreSQL Europe conferences, either as an attendee or as a speaker? (PGConf.EU, FOSDEM PGDay, Nordic PGDay, pgDay Paris, PGConf.DE)
I still have the T-shirt from the first European PostgreSQL conference in Prato.
- What will your talk be about, exactly? Why this topic?
Devrim and myself will be talking about maintaining the RPM and Debian packages, what challenges we face, and what upcoming features we plan.
- What is the audience for your talk?
Every user of the yum and apt repositories is welcome to join.